Our values provide a framework for general and more specific whole school aims, and is the foundation from which all aspects of our school community develop
- To create high standards of learning for all children in all areas of school life.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment where everyone is valued, listened to and respected.
- To develop individuals by inspiring them socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and creatively.
- To foster independence and enable our pupils to become happy, responsible, respectful members of the community, with a belief in themselves.
- To develop each child’s uniqueness, individuality and talents.
- To recognise and celebrate success in all aspects of school life.
- To nurture strong partnership and positive relationships with parents, carers and across the wider community.
- To develop responsibility towards the environment.
- To be able to respond positively to the opportunities and challenges of the rapidly changing world.
Valley Primary School has three main aims in the school curriculum:
- To provide high quality teaching in core subjects so that each child is happy, can achieve success and fulfil his or her potential.
- To promote pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and to prepare all pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
- To provide an exciting, creative and balanced curriculum.
These are based on an approach that stresses continuity, balance, and recognition of the individual and the importance of skills, concepts, attitudes and values. The staff, governors and parents of Valley Primary School, will continue to work together as a team with high moral and mutual respect, and with ongoing commitment to the raising of standards and achievement.